Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pushing Forward Back

New blog. New page. Gotta love that new blog scent.

A word to the wise or not-so wise out there... there are so many times a person can use up all their good will, Green Day the bridge they've torched 2000 times before and proceed onto the next town, before they lose track of who they are and whatever good they have left in their hearts.

Be yourself, warts n' all. Don't try to be someone you're not, and the world will love you more for it. Trust me.

Moving on...

I'm on the fence right now. In the middle of my 3rd quest towards making it in Production and I'm fully prepared for no.4. It's right upon the horizon... I can feel it coming as if it were 5:15am and the Sun is making it's presence felt as if it were for the first time... magically, brilliantly, DEFIANTLY - flopping like an old man's cock.

Nay... a little red balloon, rising to conquer the night that came before it, only to cover her with the harsh light of day. Yes!

The inevitable, folks. Ain't no way around it.

There is nothing quite like those fleeting moments at the beginning of a new day (or a new pair of black socks). The world and everything in it is completely surreal. You could pass by a shop or a restaurant... hell, even your own house (it's a very, very fine house), and it will look completely different in this breaking light (Dawn was trademarked). It's as if you get to see the world on a entirely different plane of existence (52! Batman Beyond-verse!) and you are the only one(s) who can see it.

Nothing quite like it. Well, maybe driving by a bread factory. That's kinda like it.

Like I said, I'm on the fence. And I can sense the Sun comin' up around the bend (here's 25 cents, John Fogerty. Love your work!). Just sitting here, either teetering forward or pushing back. And right now, as evidenced by the southern drawl creeping into my typing, I'm too spent to clarify that. Take it for what you will.

So, I kick up my feet, wait for the storm to pass by and I guess I'll just sit here a little while longer. A man without a Dock or a Bay.

I've got all the time in the world.

xo




manowar

No comments: